Air Control Pilates is an international movement evolved from a love of Pilates and aerial arts, that embraces the ever changing and creative nature of mind and body and keeps you moving – Debbie Robbins, Creator of Air Control Pilates
Welcome to Air Control Pilates
Air Control Pilates provides Aerial Pilates teacher training for qualified Pilates instructors
Purpose and Aim of this course
This Air Control Pilates course was created with the purpose of delivering training with the aerial hammock to qualified Pilates teachers. Incorporating the principles and fundamentals of Pilates to use this new prop as an additional teaching tool. An action packed course, balanced with time and space for self reflective study.
The founder, Debbie is a funded aerial artist, who toured ‘In Her Shadows’ an aerial dance show with projections across Scotland in October 2015 as part of the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival. Debbie has taught Pilates since 2003. Combining these two passions she slowly created the syllabus over the last 4 years and is now proud to be running teacher training courses.
The courses are a 4 day or 32 hour Teacher Training Professionally endorsed by Active IQ.
The training consists of:80 page + manual, including a library of exercises for Air Control Pilates
- Understand safety considerations of teaching Aerial Pilates and the risks and benefits of working with an aerial hammock
- Your responsibilities and limitations with regard to duty of care for participants and yourself
- Setting up your own studio safely, including relevant professionals to contact & equipment you will need
- Learn how to plan a well balanced, safe class using the course teaching criteria including; creating lesson plans, cueing, modifications, alternative options & progressions
- Self practise time for your self development, plus exploring your knowledge from a different perspective
Air Control Pilates are proud to be setting high standards for aerial Pilates, by working with a team of experts to ensure the highest levels are achieved. Including professional riggers, this is to ensure that students are aware of and are complying with legal and insurance-related requirements for working at height. Keeping everyone safe.